Yang Meifen in October 2014, aged 111, with Sean Lien.
|Birth:||2 October 1902|
|Death:||fl.10 September 2015|
|Age:||112 years, 338+ days|
(Ye) Yang Meifen [Traditional Chinese: (葉)楊美芬; also translated as (Yeh) Yang Mei-fen] (2 October 1902 – fl.10 September 2015) was a Taiwanese supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Yang Meifen claimed to have been born on 2 October 1902. She grew up in Hawaii.
On 2 October 2014, Yang was visited by Sean Lien, the Kuomintang's candidate for being Taipei's mayor. She says the secret of her longevity is to not worry and to eat what she want. She was reported as Taipei's oldest resident.
In September 2015, Yang went in holidays in Hawaii.
Yang was last confirmed alive on 10 September 2015 in Songshan District, Taipei, Taiwan, at the age of 112 years, 338 days.
- 連勝文訪百歲人瑞 承諾打造中高齡樂活城 Apple Daily, 2 October 2014
- 连胜文访112岁高龄老人欢乐多 推老人政策 Xinhua Net, 2 October 2014 (Archived)
- Sean Lien denies permits are due to fear of protests Taipei Times, 3 October 2014
- Other cases, 11 January 2015
- 北市人瑞葉楊美113歲 滑手機坐飛機出國玩 - 亞太新聞網 Ata News, 10 September 2015