Wang Baohua in October 2018, aged 110, with Xu Liming.
|Birth:||22 November 1907|
Huai'an, Jiangsu, Qing dynasty (now China)
|Age:||113 years, 204 days|
Wang Baohua claims to have been born on 22 November 1907 (five years before the Republic of China) in Huai'an, Jiangsu, Qing dynasty (now China). In his youth, he was poor, and must walk more than 100 kilometers to sell vegetables. That's why he became diligent and thrifty, and don't like waste food.
Wang married a Taiwanese woman at the age of 50, and had a son and five daughters, who gave him 10 grandchildren, as well as great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren (as of October 2019).
In October 2007, Wang was reported to be one of the 5 residents of Daliao County who will be over 100 at the end of the year. Since October 2010, Wang was reported to be the oldest living person in Kaohsiung; he was reported to speak mandarine, to live with three generations, and to need help to move and to speak (as in Taiwan, people generally speak taiwanese).
In his centenarian years, Wang fell, and began to have problems of mobility. In May 2017, with centenarian Chen Jianluan (also of Daliao County), Wang watched a show of the Kaohsiung Chitose Opera Troup [Traditional Chinese: 千歲歌仔戲團].
Since October 2018, Wang was reported to be the oldest living man in Taiwan. At this occasion, he was visited by the mayor of Kaohsiung Xu Liming, town councillor Li Yuting [Traditional Chinese: 李雨庭], and the mayor of Daliao County Shi Weiming [Traditional Chinese: 施維明]. He received presents sent by the president Tsai Ing-wen, a donation of 10 000 yuan, and his favourite bubble tea. Jian Fusong [Traditional Chinese: 簡富松], the former chief of Shanding Village (in Kaohsiung), was also present.
When asked for the secret of his longevity, Wang replied: "Don't be untidy" and "be patient". He likes eating fried chicken and hamburgers. Having an optimistic character, he is happy, and likes teasing people. In October 2019, Wang was reported to be in good health, despite being hard of hearing.
Wang currently lives in Daliao County, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, at the claimed age of 113 years, 204 days.
- 楊秋興慰訪百歲人瑞 蔡楊宿阿嬤能穿針 Independence Evening Post (自立晚報), 8 October 2007
- 本縣99年百歲人瑞共有66人 縣府於10月7日開始慰訪 Blog Xuite, 11 October 2010
- 20111202 106歲人瑞王寶華恭迎 法喜充滿 Youtube (BLTV News), 2 December 2011
- 重陽節系列活動開跑 3心5老2.0~善用長照快樂老化在社區 兩岸好報, 2 January 2017
- 高雄千歲歌仔戲團員 演給百歲人瑞看 Liberty Times (自由電子報), 17 May 2017
- 高市今年重陽節活動開跑 China Times, 11 October 2017
- 台灣最高齡男性王寶華112歲 愛吃炸雞喝珍奶 Liberty Times (自由電子報), 12 October 2018
- 今日為一年一度重陽節，敬祝人瑞長輩們重陽節快樂! 國軍退除役官兵輔導委員會 on Facebook, 16 October 2018
- 全國最長壽男性！高雄112歲人瑞超樂觀 MainStream News, 3 October 2019
- 高雄老人逾47萬最高齡113歲 10月12日起發送敬老禮金 United News Network (聯合新聞網), 22 September 2020
- 334位人瑞生活在高雄 最高齡113歲 China Times, 22 September 2020
- 台灣百歲人瑞破4千人 最長壽女人瑞117歲、男人瑞113歲 Liberty Times (自由電子報), 21 October 2020