Violet on her 106th birthday.
|Birth:||30 March 1908|
Sutterton, England, UK
|Death:||5 May 2020|
Spalding, England, UK
|Age:||112 years, 36 days|
Davies-Evans was born in 1908 in Sutterton, Lincolnshire, England, the third of five children. She was brought up in nearby Spalding, and later moved to Birmingham, England, where she worked as a beautician. In the 1930s, she moved to London to work for Elizabeth Arden as a beauty specialist. She married Hubert Davies-Evans in 1938; the couple had no children.
After WWII, the couple moved to Oxfordshire, England, where Hubert became the head of a school in a mental hospital. He retired in 1975, and died shortly afterwards. After his death, Violet moved back to Lincolnshire, sharing a house in Osbournby with her widowed sister, May.
After her sister's death, Davies-Evans moved back to Spalding. She lived independently until 2014, when she moved in to a care home. She became a supercentenarian in March 2018.
Davies-Evans died in Spalding, England, UK, on 5 May 2020 at the age of 112 years, 36 days. At the time of her death she was the third-oldest living person in the UK, but she was one day younger than the oldest living person in the UK.
- Meet Ashwood resident Violet Davies-Evans, who has just celebrated her 107th birthday! Country Court Care, 25 March 2015
- Special birthday party for Spalding ‘special lady’ Violet (109) Spalding Today, 4 April 2017
- One of the oldest women in Lincolnshire celebrates her 110th birthday Lincolnshire Live, 31 March 2018
- Lincolnshire’s oldest resident celebrates 111th birthday in Spalding tomorrow Spalding Today, 29 March 2019
- All Validated British Supercentenarians Oldest in Britain
- Violet, the third oldest person in the country, dies aged 112 The Spalding & South Holland Voice, 7 May 2020