|Vicenta Prieto Santos|
Vicenta Prieto Santos on her 110th birthday
|Birth:||22 January 1909|
Santa Croya, Zamora, Castile & Leon, Spain
|Age:||111 years, 250 days|
Vicenta Prieto Santos was born in Santa Croya in the autonomous region of Castile & Leon, Spain, on 22 January 1909. Her parents’ names were Agustin and Petra, and she had seven siblings (five brothers, two sisters). Her parents ran a bakery. Many members of her family suffered in the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918, but all of them survived. She enjoyed dancing in her adult life. She never married nor had children, preferring to stay single.
Prieto Santos moved into a nursing home at the age of 104 after fracturing her hip. By this time, all of her siblings were deceased. On her 105th birthday, she was congratulated by the local priest, just one of the dozens of tributes she has received on every birthday since her 100th. For her 106th birthday, a mural was installed in her honour. Throughout her life, she was religious, and as a centenarian, she never missed attending mass. She took a trip with her nephews to Galicia to see the sea aged 106, which she was reported to have enjoyed very much.
On her 109th birthday, her sister-in-law Enedina was still alive aged 93. It was reported that she still liked to tell stories of her childhood at the age of 110. She currently lives in Santibanez de Tera, Zamora, at the age of 111 years, 250 days.
- Vicenta Prieto Santos, la abuela de la comarca, cumple 105 años La Opinión de Zamora, 22 January 2014
- Un homenaje ganado a base de años La Opinión de Zamora, 1 February 2014
- 106 años de plenitud La Opinión de Zamora, 23 January 2015
- La abuela cumple 107 años La Opinión de Zamora, 22 January 2016
- Los rostros de la longevidad La Opinión de Zamora, 19 June 2016
- Centenarios en Zamora: Una reina de 108 eneros La Opinión de Zamora, 25 January 2017
- Vicenta Prieto Santos, de 109 años, homenajeada en Santibáñez de Tera La Opinión de Zamora, 24 January 2018
- La abuela de la provincia cumple 110 años La Opinión de Zamora, 22 January 2019