|Birth:||27 February 1903|
Radcliffe, Iowa, USA
|Death:||8 December 2013|
Ames, Iowa, USA
|Age:||110 years, 284 days|
Verna Webber (née Knutson; 27 February 1903 – 8 December 2013) was an American supercentenarian whose age is pending by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At time of her death, she was the oldest known person in US state of Iowa.
Verna Webber was born in Radcliffe, Iowa, USA on 27 February 1903. Her parents were Severt (Sjur) Knutson (1855–1956), a Norwegian immigrant who lived to be 100 and Guri (née Rogde) Knutson (1861–1938). She had seven siblings: four lived beyond the age of 90, one surviving to 102.
She graduated from Waldorf Business College and worked as a secretary at Iowa State College (now Iowa State University) from 1922 to 1924.
She married Henry Albert Webber in Des Moines, Iowa, USA on 5 December 1925. The couple had three children: Marjorie Webber (1928–2015), Richard Webber (1931–2014) and Donald Webber (born 1934). She got widowed in 1965.
Verna Webber died at Mary Greeley Medical Center in Ames, Iowa, USA on 8 December 2013 at the age of 110 years, 284 days.
- Pending Cases List Gerontology Research Group
- Verna Knutson FamilySearch
- Oldest Iowan has 110th birthday party in Ames The Ames Tribune, 28 February 2013
- Ames woman, Iowa's oldest resident, dies at 110 The Ames Tribune, 11 December 2013
- Oldest Iowan, former Iowa State engineering secretary dies at 110 College of Engineering News, 13 December 2013
- Verna Webber Find A Grave
- Verna Webber Obituary Legacy
- Verna Webber Iowa Obituaries
- Mid-Iowa Deaths: Nov. 14 - Obituaries The Ames Tribune
- Marjorie A Webber BillionGraves