Valoy Ortiz at age of 108.
|Birth:||20 November 1911|
Colonia Larranaga, Soriano, Uruguay
|Age:||109 years, 331 days|
Valoy Ortiz was born in Colonia Larranaga, Cardona, Soriano Department, Uruguay on 20 November 1911.
He started working as a small agricultural producer and later owned rural establishments in the Flores and Durazno departments.
At age 104, he was still riding a horse. In November 2015, he met with Juan Lechini (1913–2019), an old friend he hadn't seen in close to 90 years. At age 106, he still has no issue standing, although used the walker for walking longer distances. By the time of his 108th birthday he had begun using a wheelchair.
On 6 May 2021 at the age of 109, Ortiz Galban received the COVID-19 vaccine.
On 28 July 2021 at the age of 109 years, 250 days, Ortiz Galban has reached the age of Daniel Romano (1905–2015), and he became the oldest known man ever from Uruguay.
Valoy Ortiz currently lives in Trinidad, Flores Department, Uruguay, at the age of 109 years, 331 days.
- Emotividad en la primer jornada de la Expo Prado 2013 Todo el campo, 5 September 2013
- Don Valoy come dos huevos fritos en el desayuno EL PAÍS Uruguay, 18 November 2015
- 105 years old Facebook, 5 June 2016
- 108th birthday Facebook, 20 November 2019
- 109th birthday Facebook, 20 November 2020
- Juan Lechini passed away shortly after the age of 106, 17 March 2021
- Valoy Ortiz 109 años , se vacuno en Durazno Francisco Cabrera (Twitter), 6 May 2021