Valesca Tanganelli on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||7 July 1907|
Florence, Tuscany, Italy
|Age:||112 years, 232 days|
Valesca Tanganelli was born on 7 July 1907 in Florence, Tuscany, Italy. After her graduation, she moved to Buggiano, Tuscany. Whilst there, she married Dr. Francesco Pirolo, with whom she had two children, Gioacchino and Daniela.
During the 1960s and '70s, Tanganelli was the headmistress and a professor at a media school. After retiring, she enrolled in a university for the elderly. After her husband's death in the late 1970s, she lived alone (albeit with a part-time caregiver) until her centenarian years. Tanganelli has been a lifelong football fan, attending matches regularly, even as a nonagenarian.
Tanganelli currently lives in Buggiano, Tuscany, Italy. She became a supercentenarian in July 2017. Following the death of Anna Benericetti on 11 December 2019, Tanganelli became the oldest living person in Italy.
- Compie cento anni la preside Valesca Pirolo Il Tirreno, 7 July 2007
- Valesca Tanganelli ha festeggiato 109 anni La Nazione, 10 July 2016
- Valesca è la nonna della Valdinievole: festeggia 110 anni Il Tirreno, 6 July 2017
- Compie 111 la nonna più anziana della Toscana: Valesca Tanganelli, ancora una forza della natura Go News, 8 July 2018
- La preside Valesca Tanganelli è la donna più longeva d’Italia Il Tirreno, 16 December 2019