Ligny on her 110th birthday in 2016
|Birth:||22 October 1906|
Avion, Pas-de-Calais, France
|Age:||114 years, 91 days|
Valentine Ligny was born in Avion, Pas-de-Calais, France on 22 October 1906. She had a career as an office worker. In 1933, she married Pierre Ligny, with whom she had three children. Pierre died while saving his nephew from drowning in 1947.
Ligny lived independently until the age of 109. She currently lives in a retirement home in Amiens, France. She is currently the oldest living person in the Hauts-de-France region and is the third-oldest person living in France, behind Lucile Randon and Jeanne Bot. Additionally, she is the fourth-oldest living person in Europe, behind Randon, Bot, and Tekla Juniewicz. On the death of Mina Kitagawa on 19 December 2020, she became one of the top ten oldest validated living people in the world.
- AMIENS Valentine Ligny a fêté ses 110 ans Le Courrier Picard, 22 October 2016
- À 111 ans, l’Amiénoise Valentine Ligny doyenne des Hauts-de-France Le Courrier Picard, 24 Oct 2017
- La doyenne des Hauts-de-France a fêté ses 112 ans France 3 Hauts-de-France, 23/10/2018
- Valentine : la doyenne des Amiénois a 113 ans ! France Bleu, 22 octobre 2019
- Valentine Ligny fête ses 114 ans. Twitter of Chantal Modeste, 22 October 2020