Valentine Ligny at 112.
|Birth:||22 October 1906|
Avion, Pas-de-Calais, France
|Age:||114 years, 330 days|
Valentine Ligny was born in Avion, Pas-de-Calais, France on 22 October 1906. In 1933, she married Pierre Ligny, with whom she had three children. She had a career as an office worker. The family moved to Amiens during World War II. Pierre died while saving his nephew from drowning in 1947.
Ligny lived independently in Amiens, until her family decided to move her to a nursing home around October 2015, because falls made it too dangerous for her to live alone.
Shortly before her 110th birthday, Ligny was hospitalized due to a fall she sustained while attempting to get out of bed, but this didn't prevent her from celebrating her birthday some days later.
Ligny currently lives in a retirement home in Amiens, France.
She is currently the oldest living person in the Hauts-de-France region (since the death of Madeleine Ragon on 8 March 2017) and is the second-oldest person living in France, behind Lucile Randon. Additionally, she is the third-oldest living person in Europe, behind Randon and Tekla Juniewicz. Following the death of Mina Kitagawa on 19 December 2020, she became one of the top ten oldest validated living people in the world.
- Le retour à une vie "normale" (ordinaire) Concours de la Résistance, 30 March 2014
- Les centenaires de Picardie France 3 Hauts-de-France, 23 June 2014
- AMIENS Valentine Ligny a fêté ses 110 ans Le Courrier Picard, 22 October 2016
- À 111 ans, l’Amiénoise Valentine Ligny doyenne des Hauts-de-France Le Courrier Picard, 24 October 2017
- La doyenne des Hauts-de-France a fêté ses 112 ans France 3 Hauts-de-France, 23 October 2018
- Valentine : la doyenne des Amiénois a 113 ans ! France Bleu, 22 October 2019
- Valentine Ligny fête ses 114 ans. Chantal Modeste on Twitter, 22 October 2020