|Valentina Martin Gimenez|
Valentina at 108, with her daughter.
|Birth:||14 February 1908|
Zapardiel de la Canada, Avila, Castile and Leon, Spain
|Death:||13 April 2020|
Torres de la Alameda, Community of Madrid, Spain,
|Age:||112 years, 59 days|
Valentina Martin Gimenez (14 February 1908 – 13 April 2020) was a Spanish supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She may be the last Spanish person born in 1908.
Valentina was born in Zapardiel de la Canada, Avila, Castile and Leon, Spain on 14 February 1908, that is the Valentine's day, from which she took the name.
Since she was young, Valentina has dedicated herself to the family and work in the fields. Her passion for dance gave her the opportunity, as a young woman, to meet the man who she would later marry.
At the time of her death, Martin Gimenez lived with her daughter in the senior center, called Sarquavitae Rosario, in Torres de la Alameda.
She died in Torres de la Alameda, Community of Madrid, Spain, on 13 April 2020, at the age of 112. It has been reported that she died as a result of contracting the COVID-19 virus.
- La tetuanera más longeva cumple 105 años Aqui Tetuan, 14 February 2013
- SARquavitae Rosario (Torres de la Alameda) recibe a una residente de 108 años Domus Vi, 30 September 2016
- Felicidades Valentina! Facebook, 15 February 2018
- ¡Felicidades Valentina! Facebook, 16 February 2019
- Valentina Martín Jiménez / Ama de casa (Ávila, 14/02/1908 - Madrid, 13/04/2020) El Espanol, 26 April 2020