Tillie Dybing at age 104.
|Birth:||28 August 1913|
Manfred, North Dakota, USA
|Age:||107 years, 234 days|
Tillie Dybing was born on 28 August 1913 in Manfred, North Dakota, USA. In 1918, her parents got sick with Spanish flu. At the age of seven, she moved to a farm near Harvey, North Dakota. Until her brother was born when she was 16, she was an only child, as her parents lost three children in infancy. Her brother died around 2005.
Dybing worked at a department store in Minot, North Dakota for 27 years. She survived three major floods in Minot, North Dakota. On 29 November 1934, She married George Dybing in Harvey, North Dakota. The couple had two children, Susan Berke and Myron Dybing. George died in 1997 at the age of 86.
Later Life and COVID-19 Survival
Dybing beat uterine cancer at the age of 95. In 2011, she moved to Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, and has lived in a nursing home since 2015. As of 2016, she had four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
In November 2020, Dybing tested positive for COVID-19, but did not experience any symptoms other than tiredness. By 14 December 2020, she successfully recovered, making her one of the oldest survivors of the disease. In January 2021, she received a vaccination against the virus.
- 1940 United States Census FamilySearch
- George T. Dybing Obituary Legacy.com, 28 October 1997
- Tillie Dybing INFORUM, 18 August 2013
- Dybing 100th Detroit Lakes Tribune, 21 August 2013
- Honoring Centenarians Muriel And Tillie At Union Central Ecumen, 27 September 2013
- The Century Club: Emmanuel boasts four centenarians Detroit Lakes Tribune, 7 August 2016
- Tillie Dybing Detroit Lakes Tribune, August 2017
- 104 years young,Tillie Dybing! issuu (page 36-37), 19 October 2017
- 107-year-old woman survives COVID-19 WFLA, 14 December 2020 (via The Wayback Machine)
- 107-year-old Detroit Lakes woman who battled COVID-19 gets vaccine Duluth News Tribune, 6 January 2021