Tian Longyu at the claimed age of 122.
|Birth:||9 June 1893?|
Guanzhuang Township, Fenghuang County, Hunan, Qing dynasty (now China)
|Death:||28 September 2020|
Tuojiang Town, Fenghuang County, Hunan, China
|Age:||127 years, 111 days?|
Tian Longyu claimed to have been born on 9 June 1893 (28 April 1893 by lunar calendar) in Xinmin Village, Guanzhuang Township, Fenghuang County, situated in Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Hunan Province, Qing dynasty (now China). She was of Tujia ethnicity.
A deft woman, Tian worked hard all her life. She had 13 children, but all died at a young age, the oldest having lived to age 18. She adopted a daughter, Zhang Guiying [Chinese: 张桂英]. Since the death of her husband in 1973, she lived alone in the countryside, working as an nanny for some years in Jishou City. In 2006, she moved with her adoptive daughter in the center of Fenghuan County.
Since 2008, Tian was reported as the oldest living person in Hunan Province. On her claimed 117th birthday, she said that the secret of her longevity is that the life is better with a smile. But she was also reported to can be quite strict: when her children and grandchildren won't play cards, she angered.
In October 2010, Tian was visited by doctors of Mawangdui hospital. She was grateful of what the Communist Party made to make elderly people enjoy their old age: "President Mao's house was a bungalow, not as good than our ones now."
On her claimed 118th birthday in 2011, Tian was reported to be lucid and in good physical shape. At the time, Tian's youngest granddaughter was 22 years old. According to her granddaughter Teng Zhaoxun [Chinese: 滕召旬], Tian insisted to take a walk every day, and still can help for simple house chores.
Teng says the secret of longevity of her grandmother is to eat often eat vegetables and rarely eat meat; she eats two melas a day. She also credited her joyful personnality, that she likes walking and talking, and that she woke up and went to bed with the sun. Tofu was Tian's favourite meal. In 2012, some of Tian's younger siblings were alive, some of them were near age 100.
In October 2014, Tian was reported to be the oldest living Tujia person. She was also listed her as the fourth-oldest living person in China, after three Uyghur women: Alimihan Seyiti, Dirajemhan Sulitan and Turupu Aimeti. In August 2015, Tian said the journalists: "My doctor tell me I'm in good health and that I can live to more than 150 years !"
Tian died of natural causes on 28 September 2020 in Tuojiang Town, Fenghuang County, Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Hunan Province, China, at the claimed age of 127 years, 111 days.
- Unvalidated Claims (Age 108 and Older) from China (not updated since 2011)
- Report at the claimed age of 115 Taizun Health, September 2008 (dead link)
- 寿星灿烂 之 田龙玉 China Longevity Network (华夏长寿网), 22 August 2009 (Archived)
- 凤凰老寿星田龙玉过117岁生日 Tuanjie Net (团结网), 13 June 2010 (Archived)
- (凤凰)117岁寿星田龙玉获湖南长寿冠军 hunan.voc.com.cn, 26 August 2010
- 湘十大寿星九女一男 长寿最重要的是心态 Changsha Evening News (长沙晚报), 16 October 2010 (Archived)
- 湖南选出十大寿星最长者117岁 Sina (新浪), 16 October 2010
- 湖南第一寿星118岁了 Red Net Xiangxi (红网湘西), 10 June 2011 (Archived)
- 中国老年学学会公布第七届中国十大寿星排行结果的公告 Gerontological Society of China, 29 October 2014 (Archived)
- 湖南第一寿星已122岁 思维敏捷无老年斑 Sohu, 5 August 2015
- Phoenix has 21 centenarians of the first longevity of 123 years old Top News, 30 October 2016 (Archived)
- 2020全国十大寿星排行榜 田龙玉老人年多少岁了？ Yidian Ranking (一点排行), 29 July 2020
- The first birthday star in Hunan: Now 127 years old and raising 13 children, why didn't any one survive 18 years old? DayDayNews, 24 September 2020
- 127岁湖南第一寿星田龙玉去世，80多岁还当过保姆 Sina (新浪), 20 October 2020