Thelma Sutcliffe at the age of 113
|Birth:||1 October 1906|
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
|Age:||114 years, 27 days|
Thelma Sutcliffe (born 1 October 1906) is an American supercentenarian whose age has been validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She is the oldest known living person in the U.S. state of Nebraska.
Thelma Sutcliffe was born in Benson, Omaha, Nebraska, on 1 October 1906 to August and Maude (Adams) Liesche. She married at the age of 17 in 1924, and had no children. Her husband died in the early 1970s. She has survived two bouts of breast cancer over the course of her life.
Sutcliffe currently lives in Elmwood Tower, Omaha, which provides residential apartments for people aged 50 and over. She reportedly exercises every morning, does her own laundry, and plays bridge several times a week. Her sister, Marie Kelso (1904–2011), lived to the age of 106.
- Thelma Sutcliffe, 113 Photo Gallery, GRG
- Grace: Oldest known living Nebraskan celebrates 110th birthday; when she was born Teddy Roosevelt was president Omaha World-Herald, 3 October 2016
- Omaha woman turns 111 Fox42, 30 September 2017
- Thelma Sutcliffe, Nebraska's oldest citizen, celebrates her 112th birthday Live Well Nebraska, 2 October 2018
- Thelma Sutcliffe, Nebraska’s oldest citizen, celebrates her 112th birthday AP NEWS, 3 October 2018