|Tamer Lee Owens|
Tamer Lee Owens on her 110th birthday with Pastor Gregory Wyatt.
|Birth:||15 February 1902|
Edna, Texas, USA
|Death:||4 April 2012|
Victoria, Texas, USA
|Age:||110 years, 49 days|
Tamer Lee Owens was born in Edna, Texas, USA on 15 February 1902, the 8th child born to the late Riley Brooks and Georgia Ann (née Edwards) Brooks. She had 11 sisters and seven brothers.
She moved to Victoria in the late 1930s. During the World War II, she owned a restaurant called Wheeler's Cafe. She married three times, and her last husband John Owens died in the 1970s. She not had children.
The Mayor Will Armstrong declared her birthday "Tamer Lee Owens Day". She lived at Twin Pines Nursing & Rehab Center. She was a member of Palestine Baptist Church.
Tamer Lee Owens died in Victoria, Texas, USA on 4 April 2012 at the age of 110 years, 49 days. She is survived by two nieces Betty Hicks and May Powell; one great-niece Jernice Lara; one great-nephew Joseph Powell; many other nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews and cousins.
- Tamar Brooks FamilySearch
- GRG Pending Cases List
- 'Tamer Lee Owens Day' proclaimed on 108-year-old's birthday Victoria Advocate, 13 February 2010
- Laughter keeps 109-year-old going Victoria Advocate, 5 March 2011
- Advocate editorial board opinion: Victoria resident celebrates her longevity Victoria Advocate, 16 February 2012
- At age 110, Victoria woman celebrates; friends say laughter is the best medicine Victoria Advocate, 18 February 2012
- Crossroads' oldest resident dies at age 110 Victoria Advocate, 6 April 2012
- Tamer Lee brooks Owens Obituary Victoria Advocate, 19 October 2012
- Tamer Lee Owens Find A Grave