|Birth:||19 May 1903|
|Death:||29 January 2019|
Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
|Age:||115 years, 255 days|
Shimoe Akiyama [Japanese: 秋山シモエ] (19 May 1903 – 29 January 2019) was a Japanese supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group. At the time of her death, she was the second-oldest living person in Japan and the third-oldest person in the world.
Akiyama was born in Japan on 19 May 1903. In 2017, she was recognised as the oldest living person in the Aichi Prefecture by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Her age was was officially validated by the Gerontology Research Group on 16 April 2018.
Following the death of Chiyo Miyako on 22 July 2018, Akiyama became the second-oldest living person in Japan and the third-oldest living person in the world. She died in Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan, on 29 January 2019 at the age of 115 years, 255 days.
- 平成２８年度敬老行事について 26 August 2016.
- ちなみに、愛知県の最高齢は、秋山シモエさん（114歳）。 7 July 2017
- 110年以上生きた日本人 Data collection site
- 秋山シモエ 女 100 ゛36・5・19 (Shimoe Akiyama Female 100y May 19, 1903)
- GRG World Supercentenarian Rankings List GRG, 16 April 2018
- 県内最高齢１１５歳が死去 ／愛知県" (Page 25), Asahi Shimbun, 30 January 2019