Stryzewski after recovering from COVID-19 in January 2021, pictured with a caregiver
|Birth:||20 February 1912|
Waushara County, Wisconsin, USA
|Age:||109 years, 116 days|
Ruth Stryzewski was born in Waushara County, Wisconsin, USA on 20 February 1912. Her parents were Louis Winter and Marie (née Prellwitz) Winter. She had eight siblings and two foster siblings. She married Elmer Stryzewski in East Bloomfield, Wisconsin, USA on 1 June 1937.
Longevity was present in her family: her sister Marie Misterek lived to be 103 and her paternal cousin Lydia Koehler lived to be 100.
Stryzewski currently lives in a care home in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. In December 2020, she contracted COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic, and was forced to isolate for several weeks. However, her symptoms were not severe enough to require hospitalisations, and by January 2021 she had successfully recovered. At the age of 108, she is one of the oldest survivors of the disease.
- Ruth Esther Stryzewski Find A Grave
- United States Public Record FamilySearch
- 1930 US Census FamilySearch
- 1940 US Census FamilySearch
- Marie Misterek Obituary Legacy.com
- 108-year-old Oshkosh woman beats COVID-19 WBAY, 16 January 2021
- Woman ready to celebrate 109th birthday after beating COVID ABC7NY, 17 January 2021
- Ruth Stryzewski birthday WFRV Local 5 on YouTube, 19 February 2021