Wolpe (centre) at the age of 110
|Birth:||25 August 1909|
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
|Age:||112 years, 22 days|
Rosalie Wolpe (born 25 August 1909) is a South African supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She may be one of the oldest living people in South Africa.
Wolpe was born in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa on 25 August 1909. She moved to Cape Town as a little girl. She helped her mother, who ran the tearoom "Café de Luxe" in the 1920s.
Wolpe married Morris Wolpe and had two children : Janet Dickman (aged 79 in 2018), who lives in Australia, and David Wolpe (aged 73 in 2018). In the 50s and the 60s, she owned a grocery.
In 2010, Wolpe moved to the nursing home "Highlands House" in Cape Town; previously, she was in another nursing home. As of 2018, she has five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Wolpe currently lives in in Vredehoek, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, at the age of 112 years, 22 days.
- Happy Birthday Rosalie Wolpe who turned 104 yesterday!!! Highlands House on Twitter, 26 August 2013
- On the tip of Africa The Jerusalem Post, 18 August 2016
- Turning 108 ! just another birthday for Rosalie Wolpe Jewish Report, 31 August 2017
- Rosalie at 109 years young still in rosy health IOL, 28 August 2018
- Happy Birthday to Rosalie Wolpe, who turned 110 years old last week! Bnoth Zion WIZO Cape Town on Facebook, 3 September 2019
- Rosalie turns 110 years old in style Cape Jewish Chronicle, 4 October 2019
- FEEL GOOD | Cape Town woman turns 111, and surprised with physically-distanced tea party in care home News24, 27 August 2020
- 112th birthday Cape Jewish Chronicle on Facebook, 26 August 2021