|Birth:||20 March 1908|
Champagné-le-Sec, Vienne, France
|Death:||13 October 2019|
Limalonges, Deux-Sevres, France
|Age:||111 years, 207 days|
Roger Auvin was born in Champagné-le-Sec (Nouvelle-Aquitaine) as the eldest child in a family with 7 children (5 boys and 2 girls). He and his wife owned a grocery store in Limalonges. The couple had 2 sons, Jean-Claude (passed away in 2007) and Rémi. His wife passed away after 75 years of marriage in 2007.
At 108, he was a bit hard of hearing, slept a lot and moved around in a wheelchair but still lived at home in Limalonges. He may have become the oldest man ever from the French region of Nouvelle-Aquitaine on 18 November 2018 after surpassing the age of Alexis Daigneau (1890–2001).
Roger Auvin died on 13 October 2019 in Limalonges, Deux-Sevres, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France at the age of 111 years, 207 days. He had narrowly missed out on becoming the oldest man in Europe by approximately a week as Gustav Gerneth of Germany, who was reported to be at least two years older than him, died on 22 October 2019. As neither of him and Gerneth were validated, the title was unofficial during his time.
- Les 107 printemps de Roger Auvin La Nouvelle République, 24/03/2015
- Deux-Sèvres. À 108 ans, le doyen des Français vit toujours dans sa maison Ouest-France, 8/12/2016
- Le doyen des Français a 108 ans et vit toujours chez lui France Soir, 8 December 2016
- Roger Auvin a fêté ses 110 ans Le Courrier de L’Ouest, 20 March 2018
- Le doyen des Français fête ses 111 printemps aujourd'hui Le Courrier de l’Ouest, 20 March 2019
- Death Announcement Les Grands Centenaires Francais
|France's Oldest Living Man Titleholders (V • E)|
Jean Teillet • Louis-Jules Lebon • Unknown • Pierre James • Adolphe Gravelines • Henri Perignon • Faustin Jaumard • Louis Brard • Andre Raynaud • Emile Fourcade • Bernard Delhom • Louis Arthur Bon • Leon-Clement Estivals • Jules Many • Theophane Rifosta • Alexis Daigneau • Raymond Abescat • Joseph Rabenda • Jean Chevenet • Maurice Floquet • Aime Avignon • Louis de Cazenave • Lazare Ponticelli • Pierre Picault • Joseph Malahieude • Felix Rostaing • Philibert Parnasse • Charles De Antoni • Andre Coudrat • Louis Le Bouedec • Emile Turlant • Philippe Vocanson • Roger Gouzy • Robert Bourdon • Georges Massard • Roger Auvin • Jules Theobald