Rena Bagne at the age of 109.
|Birth:||2 March 1908|
Kamsack, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Death:||26 August 2018|
Ortonville, Minnesota, USA
|Age:||110 years, 177 days|
Bagne was born near Kamsack, Saskatchewan, Canada, on 2 March 1908. She was one of nine children born to Hjalmer Olaf and Inga Haldorson, who had moved to Canada in the hope of becoming rich in the gold mines. In 1911, the family moved to a farm in Starbuck, Minnesota, USA.
After graduating from high school, Bagne enrolled at Bethany Lutheran in Minneapolis to become a licensed practical nurse. She worked as a nurse in Minneapolis before moving back home to work at the Starbuck hospital. There she met Walter Bagne, who often delivered milk to the hospital. The couple married in 1946, but had no children. They later moved to Chicago, Illinois after Rena took up a nursing job there, before moving back to Minnesota, where they opened a gift shop.
The Bagnes sold their gift shop after Walter began working as an accountant and Rena returned to working part time at the hospital. Walter retired in 1969 and died in 1974. After Rena retired, she moved in to an apartment building with her sister, Edna Paasche, before moving in to a nursing home together. Paasche died on 23 June 2017, four days after her 107th birthday. At the time of her death, the sisters had a combined age of 216 years, 117 days.
Bagne died in a nursing home in Ortonville, Minnesota on 26 August 2018 at the age of 110 years, 177 days.
- Centenarian sisters enjoy life together Sr Perspective, 31 August 2015
- Kamsack-born woman celebrates 109th birthday Kamsack Times, 6 March 2017
- Edna Paasche Obituary The Valley Express, 25 June 2017
- Ortonville woman to celebrate 110th birthday on Friday The Watertown Public Opinion, 1 March 2018
- Ortonville Woman Celebrates 110th Birthday The Valley Express, 3 March 2018