Varrero on her 110th birthday
|Birth:||28 September 1909|
Metz, Michigan, USA
|Death:||1 April 2020|
Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA
|Age:||110 years, 186 days|
Varrero was born in Metz, Michigan, on 28 September 1909. Her parents died when she was very young, and she and her brother were taken in by a family in Bay City, Michigan. She often made the trip from Bay City to Detroit to see the Detroit Tigers baseball team.
Varrero married a man with the surname Fagan, but raised her daughters and a son almost entirely on her own. She had four children: Judith Marilyn Deering (1930–2018), Rodney Fagan, Sandra Jahner, and Arlene Segal.
After retiring at the age of 65, Varrero continued to work for her son's basket shop until she was 85. She lived on her own until after her 100th birthday. Varrero said that "eating good food" was her secret to longevity.
In her later life, Varrero lived in an assisted living facility in Farmington Hills, Michigan. She died on 1 April 2020 at the age of 110 years, 186 days. At the time of her death, she had nine grandchildren, eighteen great-grandchildren, and five great-great-grandchildren.
- Tiger mania: 108-year-old celebrates with her favorite team Hometownlife, 3 October 2017
- Judith Deering Obituary Cremation Society of Michigan, 23 May 2018
- One of Michigan's oldest residents turns 110 this weekend The Oakland Press, 24 September 2019
- Farmington Hills woman turns 110 years old WXYZ (Detroit), 30 September 2019
- Regina Varrero Obituary Cremation Society of Michigan