Phyllis Farrugia on her 107th birthday.
|Birth:||26 November 1906|
|Death:||18 July 2014|
Holmbury St Mary, Surrey, England, UK
|Age:||107 years, 234 days|
Phyllis Farrugia (26 November 1906 – 18 July 2014) was a Gibraltarian-English centenarian who is the currently oldest known person ever born in Gibraltar.
Phyllis Farrugia was born in Gibraltar on 26 November 1906. She worked as a nanny from 1937, when she was employed as a housekeeper in Norfolk.
After 20 years in Norfolk, she came to Surrey to work as a nanny for the Gowing family in Westcott, and lived in Parsonage Lane until 2013, when she moved to Felbury Care Home.
In her 107th birthday, her niece Joyce Cook was the last remaining family member.
Phyllis Farrugia died in Holmbury St Mary, Surrey, England, UK on 18 July 2014 at the age of 107 years, 234 days.
- 'Quite a few sherries' as Phyllis celebrates 107th birthday Get Surrey, 2 December 2013
- Happy 107th Phyllis! Issuu, 30 December 2013
- Muere Phyllis Farrugia, la gibraltareña más longeva, a los 107 años y 8 meses, 20 July 2014
- Remembering Phyllis Farrugia JustGiving
- Deaths aged 107+ since 2009 Oldest People in Britain