Sharp at age 110.
|Birth:||21 December 1909|
Blond, Louisiana, USA
|Age:||110 years, 284 days|
Philip Sharp was born on 21 December 1909 in Blond community, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana, USA. He was one of ten children. He worked the land most of his life, both as a trapper and cattle herder before his retirement in 1995. He has one daughter, Shirley McClain, who was aged 81 in 2019. His wife, Beatrice, died in 1969 at the age of 56.
Sharp currently lives in Covington, Louisiana with his daughter Shirley and his son-in-law George. As of July 2019, at the age of 109, he was still able to drive and lived on his own. He was capable of walking unassisted until a fall shortly before his 110th birthday, and could still get around with the aid of a walker as of 2020. He is currently the second-oldest known living man in the United States, after Lawrence Brooks - the pair are also the two oldest living people in the state of Louisiana.
- Covington names 103-year-old cattleman as city's oldest resident NOLA.com, 26 June 2013
- At 108, Louisiana Co-op’s Oldest Member Still Drives, Attends Annual Meetings Cooperative.com, 18 June 2018
- Easy Rider: 109-year-old Covington man still on the go WVUE, 8 July 2019
- 110th birthday New Zion Baptist Church, 21 December 2019
- At 110 years old, Philip Sharp still knows exactly what he wants every Thursday NOLA.com, 1 February 2020
- Meet Philip Sharp Inside Northside Magazine, 23 February 2020