Berg in January 2020, shortly before turning 110
|Birth:||14 February 1910|
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
|Age:||111 years, 20 days|
Pearl Berg was born on 14 February 1910 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. She moved to Los Angeles, California with her family in 1930. She became a member of Temple Israel in 1937 and continues to attend occasional services at the synagogue, usually during the High Holy Days. She was married to Mark Berg, with whom she had at least two children, Alan and Robert.
After her husband died in 1989, Berg maintained a social life for herself by joining a book club, regularly attending concerts and plays, and becoming more involved with a bridge group. She was active in Temple Israel’s Sisterhood and was asked to write notes to bereaved families on behalf of the temple, which she continued to do until the age of 105.
Berg currently lives in her own home in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, but has caregivers with her 24 hours a day. She celebrated her 110th birthday in February 2020.
- 107th birthday Facebook Post, 12 February 2017
- 107th birthday Twitter Post, 12 February 2017
- 108th birthday Facebook Post, 14 February 2018
- Pearl Berg: The Oldest Jewish Person in California?, 21 August 2019
- Pearl Berg will celebrate her 110th birthday this year. What’s her secret to a long L.A. life?, 1 February 2020
- 110th birthday Facebook Post, 16 February 2020