|Birth:||28 April 1911|
Marion, Indiana, USA
|Death:||7 June 2021|
Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
|Age:||110 years, 40 days|
Pearl Bassett was born on 28 April 1911 in Marion, Indiana, United States. She was one of eight children - seven brothers and a sister who died before the age of two.
Bassett joined the NAACP at the age of 12. She would soon marry the only black doctor in her town. Her husband would die at the age of 56. The couple would have children, as well as grandchildren. In April 2021, she celebrated her 110th birthday.
Bassett died in Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States at the age of 110 years, 40 days.
- Happy 107th Birthday to one of our favorite torchbearers! Indiana Bicentennial Torch Relay on Facebook, 1 May 2018
- Pitts: This centenarian winters in Fayetteville, but back home is a civil rights legend The Fayetteville observer, 3 April 2019
- Join us in wishing a happy birthday to the oldest living resident in Marion, Indiana... FOX59 on Facebook, 28 April 2020
- Marion woman celebrates 110th birthday WRTV, 28 April 2021
- Obituary Herring Funeral Care & Cremations