Angleman celebrating her 112th birthday in 2020
|Birth:||4 October 1908|
Sayre, Oklahoma, USA
|Age:||112 years, 108 days|
Angleman was born on 4 October 1908 in Sayre, Oklahoma, USA. She was one of seven siblings. Her father had a homestead 12 miles out of town and the family lived off the land.
In 1934, Angleman met her husband, Lewis, and they married in 1937. He joined the army in 1942, and the couple did a lot of travelling during his years in the military. They were stationed in Japan in 1950 when the Korean War began, and Pauline served as a Red Cross volunteer in a military hospital there. The couple did not have any children.
In 1958, after Lewis Angleman retired from the army, the couple bought a home in Corte Madera, California. Lewis died in 1990 after 53 years of marriage. Pauline Angleman served as the president of Post 313’s American Legion Auxiliary for ten years before stepping down when she was 103.
Angleman enjoys listening to baseball on the radio, and when she turned 104, her nieces took her to a San Francisco Giants game for her birthday. She also follows politics, and in a February 2016 interview she encouraged people to vote. At the time, when she was 107, Angleman was still driving. She became a supercentenarian in October 2018 and celebrated her 112th birthday in October 2020.
- Active 107-Year-Old Has a Wonderful Life Whistlestop, February 2016
- Friends are Grateful for Pauline Angleman Whistlestop, December 2016
- Corte Madera woman celebrates 110th birthday Marin Independent Journal, 5 October 2018
- Corte Madera’s Pauline Angleman celebrates 111th birthday Marin Independent Journal, 4 October 2019
- Pauline Angleman, Marin’s supercentenarian, turns 112 years old Marin Independent Journal, 2 October 2020