Aldridge celebrating her 106th birthday in 2020
|Birth:||26 November 1914|
Solihull, England, UK
|Age:||106 years, 247 days|
Pat Aldridge was born in Solihull, England, UK on 26 November 1914. She was the fifth of eight children. Her father, a butcher, lived to the age of 80 and her mother, a knitter, lived to 90. One of her sisters died of pneumonia aged 56.
Aldridge attended the local school until she was 14. She was married to Ken Aldridge for 52 years until his death in 1990. The couple had five children, including Mary-Jane Yates. Aldridge currently lives in a care home in Nynehead, Somerset.
On 19 April 2020, Aldridge contracted COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic and was admitted to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, Somerset, England. By 24 April 2020, she had successfully recovered, and went on to celebrate her 106th birthday in November 2020.
On 18 January 2021, Aldridge received her first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at her care home.
- Pat Aldridge celebrates 105th birthday at Nynehead Court Somerset County Gazette, 6 December 2019
- Pat celebrates 105th birthday with TWO parties Wellington Weekly News, 9 December 2019
- UK's oldest coronavirus survivor, 105, beat the bug in just five days Daily Mirror, 19 May 2020
- Pat 'Dina' Aldridge, 105, recovers from coronavirus Somerset County Gazette, 20 May 2020
- Nynehead Court resident celebrates 106th birthday Somerset County Gazette, 28 November 2020
- 106-year-old Somerset woman given Covid-19 vaccine at care home ITV News, 18 January 2021