|Birth:||29 March 1913|
Vypin, Kochi, Kerala, British Raj (now India)
|Death:||22 June 2020|
Kochi, Kerala, India
|Age:||107 years, 85 days|
Pappukutty Bhagavathar [Malayalam: പാപ്പുകുട്ടി ഭാഗവതർ] (29 March 1913 – 22 June 2020) was an Indian centenarian, film singer and actor in Malayalam cinema. He was the father of actor Mohan Jose and singer Selma George. Malayalam film director K. G. George is his son-in-law.
Pappukutty Bhagavathar was born in Vypin, Kochi, Kerala, British Raj (now India) on 29 March 1913, the second of five children to Michael and Anna.
He had two brothers, Daniel and Varghese and two sisters, Rosy and Valsala. He studied at Government boys school Vypin.
He sang for the 2009 released Marykkundoru Kunjadu at the age of 95, sixty years after he sang his first song for a movie, which made him the oldest Malayali to sing in a film. The song "Entadukke Varum" was a hit. He was married to Baby. They had five children, actor Mohan Jose, playback singer Selma George, Sabu Jose, Shadhi, and Jeevan. His son-in-law K. G. George is a Malayalam movie director. He turned 100 in March 2013. His wife Baby died in 2017.
Bhagavathar died due to an age-related illness in Kochi, Kerala, India on 22 June 2020 at the age of 107 years, 85 days.
- Pappukutty Bhagavathar (1913–2020) IMDb
- Pappukutty Bhagavathar:Profile And Biography Metromatinee
- Pappukutty Bhagavathar MalayalaChalachithram
- Pappukutty Bhagavathar MSI
- A voice that still casts a spell The Hindu, 4 April 2012
- Centenarian Pappukutty Bhagavathar honoured IBNLive, 4 April 2012
- 102, still going Sa Re Ga Ma The Asian Age, 10 January 2016
- When 104-yr-old Pappukutty Bhagavathar sang 'Soja Rajakumari' for Mar Chrysostom Mathrubhumi English, 7 May 2017
- Veteran Kerala singer and actor Pappukutty Bhagavathar dies at 107 The News Minute, 22 June 2020