Mascarin on her 109th birthday in December 2018
|Birth:||4 December 1909|
Chions, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
|Age:||110 years, 296 days|
Mascarin was born in Chions, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, on 4 December 1909. She grew up on a farm with her nine siblings, two of whom were still living as of 2019. As a child, she left school after Grade Three to work as a brick loader.
In 1959, Mascarin moved to Windsor, Ontario, Canada to join her husband John. She raised four children, and for a time was the cook and housekeeper for the priests at St. Angela Merici Church in Windsor.
Mascarin currently lives in a retirement home in LaSalle, Ontario, Canada. She reportedly eats bacon and eggs every morning and has a shot of sambuca in her coffee. She no longer speaks English and refuses to wear hearing aids. She celebrated her 110th birthday in December 2019.
- Italiani emigrati viventi più longevi Supercentenari d'Italia
- This Week's Milestones Windsor Star, 3 December 2016
- LaSalle Resident Celebrates 108th Birthday LaSalle, 5 December 2017
- At 109, LaSalle woman believed to be oldest local resident Windsor Star, 4 December 2018
- Windsor woman celebrates 110th birthday Windsor Star, 4 December 2019