Mascarin on her 109th birthday in 2018
|Birth:||4 December 1909|
Chions, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
|Death:||30 November 2020|
LaSalle, Ontario, Canada
|Age:||110 years, 362 days|
Mascarin was born in Chions, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy, on 4 December 1909. She grew up on a farm with her nine siblings, two of whom were still living as of 2020. As a child, she left school after Grade Three to work as a brick loader.
In 1959, Mascarin moved to Windsor, Ontario, Canada to join her husband Giovanni. She raised four children, and for a time was the cook and housekeeper for the priests at St. Angela Merici Church in Windsor. Her husband died in 1983, and she was predeceased by two of her children.
In her later life, Mascarin lived in a retirement home in LaSalle, Ontario, Canada. She reportedly ate bacon and eggs every morning and had a shot of sambuca in her coffee. In her centenarian years she no longer spoke English and refused to wear hearing aids.
Mascarin died on 30 November 2020 at the age of 110 years, 362 days. At the time of her death, she had nine grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
- Italiani emigrati viventi più longevi Supercentenari d'Italia
- This Week's Milestones Windsor Star, 3 December 2016
- LaSalle Resident Celebrates 108th Birthday LaSalle, 5 December 2017
- At 109, LaSalle woman believed to be oldest local resident Windsor Star, 4 December 2018
- Windsor woman celebrates 110th birthday Windsor Star, 4 December 2019
- Olinda Mascarin Obituary Windsor Star, 2 December 2020