|Nora de Kock|
Nora de Kock on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||12 May 1910?|
Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa
|Age:||110 years, 250 days?|
Nora de Kock claims to be have been born on a small farm in Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa, on 12 May 1910. She was the eldest of 12 children and has outlived all of her siblings. She worked on the farms in Kuils River, Western Cape, South Africa. She had two children with Harry Olman, although the pair never married.
In the early 2000s, de Kock suffered a stroke. At the age of 106, she said that the most treasured moment in her life was when she received her own home. Her only brother, Hannes, died around 2013. At the age of 109, she had seven grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren, and three great-great-grandchildren. She currently lives in Sarepta Street, Kuils River, where she celebrated her claimed 110th birthday in May 2020.
- Staying single is key to long life Independent Online, 16 May 2016
- Ma de Kock turns 107 Northern News, 17 May 2017
- Happy 109th birthday, Auntie Nora The Daily Voice, 14 May 2019
- SA lockdown: A centenarian's words of wisdom eNCA, 14 April 2020
- Ma De Kock celebrates her 110th birthday Northern News, 13 May 2020