|Birth:||5 December 1912|
Manhattan, New York City, New York State, USA
|Death:||23 October 2020|
Murray Hill, Manhattan, New York City, New York State, USA
|Age:||107 years, 323 days|
Mordecai "Mordie" Rochlin (5 December 1912 – 23 October 2020) was an American centenarian is one of the oldest victims of the COVID-19 pandemic. He was also the oldest known living attorney in New York State having worked for 83 years.
Mordie Rochlin was born in Manhattan, New York City, New York State, USA on 5 December 1912. His parents were Frank and Bessie Rochlin.
He grew up in Catskill, New York and New York City, where he graduated from New Utrecht High School. He earned a B.A. from City College of the City of New York in 1932, cum laude, and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. In 1935, he graduated from Columbia Law School, where he was a James Kent Scholar. During World War II, between 1943-1946, Mordie served in the Army, where he was a First Lieutenant.
He married Ruth Lee Kane, who died in 1973 after 37 years of marriage. He married Sylvia T. Kraemer in 1975. Sylvia died in 2005. He not had children. He was a member of the Park Avenue Synagogue.
Mordie Rochlin died of complications from the disease caused by COVID-19 in Murray Hill, Manhattan, New York City, New York State, USA on 23 October 2020 at the age of 107 years, 323 days. He was survived by one stepson John Kraemer and one niece Alfreda Finkelstein.
- Paid Notice: Deaths ROCHLIN, SYLVIA T. The New York Times, 13 May 2005
- The Never-Ending Billable Hour: A 106-Year-Old Is Still Working At The Biglaw Firm Where He Started His Career Above the Law, 20 December 2018
- At 107, Paul Weiss Partner Mordie Rochlin Says Hard Work Makes for a Long Life Law.com, 12 December 2019
- Mordie Rochlin, Who Embodied Paul Weiss' History, Dies at 107 Law.com, 23 October 2020
- 107-Year-Old Biglaw Attorney Dies Of Coronavirus Complications, 26 October 2020
- Mordecai Rochlin (1912 - 2020) Obituary Legacy.com