Maude Harris at the age of 113.
|Birth:||15 August 1907|
|Age:||114 years, 67 days|
Maude Florence Harris (née Juelson; born 15 August 1907) is an American supercentenarian who is currently the oldest known person living in the U.S. state of Florida. She is also the second-oldest living person in the United States, after Thelma Sutcliffe of Nebraska. However, she is not the second-oldest living American-born person, since Maria Branyas Morera of Spain is older. Harris also holds the record for being the oldest woman to have ever been born in the U.S. state of Minnesota, and is the second-oldest person ever born in the state, after Walter Breuning. Her age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Harris was born in Sundal Township, Norman County, Minnesota, USA, on 15 August 1907. Her parents were John Alfred and Swedish-born Ellen Juelson (née Johnson). She had three younger siblings: Bernice, Harman, and Corine. Her paternal grandmother, also named Ellen, was born in Norway.
In 1938, she married Guy Harris in King County, Washington, USA. They had no children at the time of the 1940 US Census.
At the age of 103, Harris was reported to be quite active, and knitted hats and sweaters for premature babies born at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Her age was validated by the GRG on 17 November 2019. She currently lives in a retirement community in Hialeah, Florida, USA, at the age of 114 years, 67 days and is the oldest living Floridian.
- Hialeah Honors 103 Year Old Resident Soul of Miami
- South Fla. woman turns 107 years old Local 10 News
- Maude Harris turned 110!! Facebook
- 111 years old: Supercentenarian gets her own day in Hialeah Miami Herald, 6 September 2018
- Today is Maude Harris' 112th Birthday!! Epworth Village Retirement, Facebook, 15 August 2019
- A truly happy birthday to Epworth's supercentarian, Ms. Maude Harris! Epworth Village Retirement, Facebook, 15 August 2020