|Marita Camacho Quiros|
|Birth:||10 March 1911|
San Ramon, Alajuela, Costa Rica
|Age:||109 years, 223 days|
Marita del Carmen Camacho Quiros [Spanish: Quirós] (born 10 March 1911) is a Costa Rican centenarian who is the oldest first lady ever. She also is currently one of the oldest known living people in Costa Rica.
Marita Camacho Quiros was born in San Ramon, Alajuela, Costa Rica on 10 March 1911, the seventh daughter of Salustio Camacho Munoz Zeneida Quiros Quiros. She was baptized on 21 June 1911.
She married Francisco Orlich Bolmarcich in Naranjo, Alajuela, Costa Rica on 16 April 1932. The couple had two children: Francisco Jose and Mauricio Orlich Camacho.
Her husband was the 34th president of Costa Rica from 1962 to 1966. She was the first woman to participate alongside her husband in the handover ceremony on 8 May 1962, before the first ladies did not have direct participation in the handover ceremony. As First Lady, she actively worked for children.
She was responsible for accompanying her husband on several trips abroad and in welcoming the President of the United States John F. Kennedy and the other Presidents of Central America and Panama in 1963, as well as a visit to the Vatican to His Holiness John XXIII. She got widowed in 1969.
In her 109th birthday, she had five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Marita Camacho Quiros currently lives with her son Mauricio in Escazu, San Jose Province, Costa Rica, at the age of 109 years, 223 days.
- Maria de Carmen Camacho Quirós FamilySearch
- Marita Camacho Quirós Geneanet.org
- Marita del Carmen Orlich Bolmarcich Geni
- 105th birthday Facebook Post, 10 March 2016
- 106th birthday Facebook Post, 10 March 2017
- OTRO ROBLE PressReader, 11 March 2017
- Exprimera dama fundadora de albergues infantiles, Marita Camacho, llega a los 107 años Amelia Rueda, 11 March 2018
- Marita Camacho Quirós El Espíritu del 48, 16 March 2018
- 108th birthday Facebook Post, 27 March 2019
- Pre-109th Birthday Confirmation Facebook Post, 9 March 2020
- Exprimera dama Marita de Orlich cumple hoy 109 años La Teja, 10 March 2020