|Marita Camacho Quiros|
|Birth:||10 March 1911|
San Ramon, Alajuela, Costa Rica
|Age:||110 years, 96 days|
Marita del Carmen Camacho Quiros [Spanish: Quirós] (born 10 March 1911) is a Costa Rican supercentenarian who served as the First Lady of Costa Rica from 1962 to 1966. She has been the oldest undisputed person in Costa Rica since the death of 111-year-old Claudia Soto Saborio on 10 December 2020. She is the oldest first lady ever and one of the oldest living notable people.
Marita Camacho Quiros was born in San Ramon, Alajuela, Costa Rica on 10 March 1911, the seventh daughter of Salustio Camacho Munoz and Zeneida Quiros Quiros. She was baptized on 21 June 1911.
She married Francisco Orlich Bolmarcich in Naranjo, Alajuela, Costa Rica on 16 April 1932. The couple adopted two children: Francisco Jose and Mauricio Orlich Camacho.
Her husband was the 34th president of Costa Rica from 1962 to 1966. She was the first woman to participate alongside her husband in the handover ceremony on 8 May 1962, before the first ladies did not have direct participation in the handover ceremony. As First Lady, she actively worked for children.
She was responsible for accompanying her husband on several trips abroad and in welcoming the President of the United States John F. Kennedy and the other Presidents of Central America and Panama in 1963, as well as a visit to the Vatican to His Holiness John XXIII. In 1962, she toured several European countries, including Spain, where she visited Francisco Franco, the leader of the nationalist forces during the Spanish civil war and head of state from 1939 to 1975. On 30 June 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson of the United States delivered remarks of welcome to Francisco Orlich and Marita Camacho, when they visited America for official state business. Afterwards, President Johnson took them to a dance party.
She got widowed in 1969.
In her 109th birthday, she had five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She became the oldest known living person in Costa Rica upon the death of 111-year-old Claudia Soto Saborio on 10 December 2020.
Marita Camacho Quiros currently lives with her son Mauricio in Escazu, San Jose Province, Costa Rica, at the age of 110 years, 96 days.
- Maria de Carmen Camacho Quirós FamilySearch
- Marita Camacho Quirós Geneanet.org
- Marita del Carmen Orlich Bolmarcich Geni
- VIAJE PRESIDENTE COSTA RICA EFE Servicios, 28 March 1962
- Remarks of Welcome at the White House to President Orlich of Costa Rica. The American Presidency Project, 30 June 1964
- The Presidency: Doin' The Bird Time, 10 July 1964
- 105th birthday Facebook Post, 10 March 2016
- 106th birthday Facebook Post, 10 March 2017
- OTRO ROBLE PressReader, 11 March 2017
- Exprimera dama fundadora de albergues infantiles, Marita Camacho, llega a los 107 años Amelia Rueda, 11 March 2018
- Marita Camacho Quirós El Espíritu del 48, 16 March 2018
- 108th birthday Facebook Post, 27 March 2019
- Pre-109th Birthday Confirmation Facebook Post, 9 March 2020
- Exprimera dama Marita de Orlich cumple hoy 109 años La Teja, 10 March 2020
- 110th birthday Facebook, 9 March 2021
- Vladimir de la Cruz: Ante los 110 años de la Primera Dama de la República, Marita Camacho Quirós, de Orlich Bolmarcich La Revista, 10 March 2021