Marija Bibulic at age 100.
|Birth:||5 June 1913|
Vabriga, Istria County, Austria-Hungary (now Croatia)
|Age:||107 years, 258 days|
Marija Bibulic [Croatian: Bibulić] (née Paris; born 5 June 1913) is a Croatian centenarian who is currently the oldest known living woman in Croatia.
Marija Bibulic was born in Vabriga, Istria County, Austria-Hungary (now Croatia) on 5 June 1913. Her father was killed in the World War I in 1916, after which her mother remarried. One of her sisters died at age 19.
She married Josip Bibulić in 1933. The couple had two children: Antonija (born 1935) and Ivan (1941–1985).
In 1943, during the World War II, the germans took her husband, first to Trieste to the infamous Coroneo prison, and from there to the German camp of Dachau where he died in 1945. He died, according to survivors, a few days before the americans entered the camp on 29 April.
After her husband died, she worked as farmer. In 1962, she was awarded the Medal of Merit for the People by the President of Yugoslavia Josip Broz Tito. In 1985, her son Ivan died at the age of 44 in a car accident. She also outlived her grandson Olijan.
Until the age of 93, she cooked on her own and went to the grocery store in a boutique. She went to the hospital for the first time at the age of 97 due to pneumonia. Until the age of 102, she slept on the first floor of the house, until when she could still climb the stairs. She lived independently until age 104, when she fell and felt slowly fainting.
As of March 2019, she had one living daughter Antonija, four living grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and four great-great-grandchildren.
She became the oldest known living woman in Croatia following the death of 107-year-old Josipa Talan on 2 April 2019.
Marija Bibulic currently lives with her daughter-in-law Slavica and her granddaughter Vesna in Poreč, Istria County, Croatia, at the age of 107 years, 231 days.
- Noni Mariji sto je godina tek! Parentium.com, 6 June 2013
- Gradsko društvo Crvenog križa Poreč povodom Dana žena darivalo najstarije sugrađanke Grad Poreč, March 2015
- Nona Marija Bibulić (103): Pustite da stari istarski coki žive Istarski.hr, 8 July 2016
- teta marija bibulić iz vabrige proslavila svoj 104. rođendan! Poreština.info, 7 June 2017
- NONA MARIJA IZ VABRIGE IMA 106 GODINA: Otkrivamo tajnu dugog života Istra Terra Magica, 18 March 2019
- 107 ♥️ Crveni križ Poreč (Facebook), 6 March 2020
- Najstarija Vabrižanka ima 107 godina: Dobila je cvijeće za Dan žena Istarski.hr, 7 March 2020
- MARIJA BIBULIĆ IZ VABRIGE IMA 107 GODINA Glas Istre, 22 March 2020