Marie Durand at age 110
|Birth:||7 September 1909|
Bolleville, Normandy, France
|Death:||25 June 2020|
Le Havre, Normandy, France
|Age:||110 years, 294 days|
Marie Durand (née Carité; 7 September 1909 – 25 June 2020) was a French supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was the oldest known living person in the region of Normandy at time of her death.
Marie Carite was born in Bolleville, Normandy, France on 7 September 1909. She had four siblings. She married in 1927 at age 18. She had one son Michel (aged 87 in 2019). She lived in Le Havre until the war and lived through the bombings of 1944. She even saw her neighbors' house collapse under the bombs.
She went to the hospital for the first time in over 100 years because of a fracture. In September 2019, she celebrated her 110th birthday. In April 2020 at age 110, she wears neither glasses nor hearing aids.
She had one grandson, one granddaughter, five great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild Arthur (aged three month in April 2020).
Marie Durand died in Le Havre, Normandy, France on 25 June 2020 at the age of 110 years, 294 days.
- En Normandie, la bataille des centenaires Ouest-France, 28 January 2019
- La doyenne de Normandie vit au Havre et elle a 109 ans ! France Bleu, 13 February 2019
- La havraise Marie Durand serait, à 109 ans, la doyenne de Normandie Franceinfo, 20 February 2019
- Elle fêtera ses 110 ans en septembre prochain. Marie Durand, doyenne de Normandie Le Courrier Cauchois, 22 February 2019
- 110th birthday Twitter Post, 6 September 2019
- PORTRAIT. Au Havre, rencontre avec Marie Durand, 110 ans, la doyenne de Normandie Actu.fr, 28 September 2019
- Covid-19. On a pris des nouvelles de Marie Durand, 110 ans, doyenne de Normandie, au Havre Actu.fr, 29 April 2020