Marie-Louise Taterode on her 110th birthday
|Birth:||17 July 1906|
Uzerche, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
|Age:||113 years, 223 days|
Marie-Louise Taterode was born in Uzerche, Nouvelle-Aquitaine on 17 July 1906. Her father was a weaver and her mother a seamstress. The youngest of five children, she left Limousin to follow her father, who became a miner in Champagnac-les-Mines in the Cantal. The family settled in Clermont-Ferrand.
Taterode worked for the company Pingeot for 13 years and then in a paper mill in Montlouis for 34 years. She retired at the age of 65 and was almost surprised that the legal age of retirement was 62. She had no children of her own, but raised a niece, Louisette, who was orphaned at the age of 7 years.
Since 2011, Taterode has lived in a retirement home in Lezoux, Puy-de-Dome, France. In July 2019, she celebrated her 113th birthday. Her age was validated by the GRG on 19 August 2019. Having been validated, she is the third-oldest known living person in France behind Jeanne Bot and Lucile Randon.
- Marie-Louise Taterode a fêté ses 106 ans, le 17 juillet dernier, à la maison de retraite "Mon Repos" La Montagne, 27 July 2012
- Marie-Louise Taterode a soufflé joyeusement ses 107 bougies La Montagne, 23 July 2013
- Une fête d’anniversaire pour la doyenne de la maison de retraite Mon Repos La Montagne, 21 July 2016
- Bon pied bon œil, la doyenne de l'Auvergne Marie-Louise Taterode a fêté ses 111 ans La Montagne, 19 July 2017
- La doyenne de l'Auvergne fête ses 112 ans La Montagne, 17 July 2018
- Marie-Louise Taterode a fêté ses 113 ans à L'Ehpad Mon repos de Lezoux (Puy-de-Dôme) La Montagne, 17 July 2019