|Maria Van Hool|
Van Hool on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||7 May 1909|
Putte, Antwerp, Belgium
|Age:||111 years, 144 days|
Van Hool was born in Putte, Antwerp, Belgium, on 7 May 1909. She was one of five daughters and two sons. At the end of the 1920s, she started a hair salon with her older sister. On 2 January 1934, she married René Op De Beek and started working at his butchery. Van Hool and Op De Beek had four children, three of them still living as of 2020. Van Hool worked at the butchery until 1966, when she handed the business to her son Flor. She continued supporting the business until Flor stopped working in 1991.
Rene died in 1982 shortly before their 50th wedding anniversary. Van Hool turned 100 in 2009. In December 2015, she suffered a fall and moved into the WZC Sint-Jozef retirement home in Lier. Van Hool turned 110 in May 2019.
Maria Van Hool became the oldest living person in Belgium after the death of 111-year-old Marietta Bouverne on 3 August 2020.
- Maria Julia Van Hool is 101 Het Nieuwsblad Mobile
- UITBUNDIGE VIERING VAN 107-JARIGE JULIA VAN HOOL
- Derde oudste inwoner van het land Julia Van Hool viert vandaag 110de (!) verjaardag
- Op een na oudste Belg Julia Van Hool blaast 111 kaarsjes uit in quarantaine
- Lierse Julia Van Hool (111) mag zich vanaf nu oudste Belg noemen: “Ze stelt het nog steeds erg goed”