|Maria Giuseppa Robucci|
Maria Giuseppa Robucci at age 115.
|Birth:||20 March 1903|
Poggio Imperiale, Apulia, Italy
|Age:||116 years, 35 days|
Maria Giuseppa Robucci-Nargiso (born 20 March 1903) is an Italian supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group. At the age of 116, she is the oldest living person in Italy and the second-oldest living person in the world.
Maria Giuseppa Robucci, affectionately known as 'Nonna Peppa', was born in 1903 in Poggio Imperiale, province of Foggia, Apulia region, Italy. Her parents were Antonio and Maria Michela Robucci. On 3 December 1928, she married Nicola Nargiso. The couple had five children named Angelo, Concetta (who later became a nun named Sister Nicoletta), Antonio, Giuseppe, and Filomena. Reportedly, the years after World War II were tough economically for the Nargiso family.
Robucci became a widow in 1982, after the death of Nicola. In 2003, her 100th birthday was featured in a television show called ”La vita in diretta” for the channel Rai Uno. At the age of 100, she was still able to chop wood.
In 2014, Robucci broke her hip after a fall and underwent surgery. As of 2015, her son Angelo is still alive at the age of 86. She credits her longevity to good diet, having faith in God, avoiding alcohol and having a postive mindset.
On 6 July 2018, she became the oldest person in Italy upon the death of 116-year-old Giuseppina Projetto-Frau.
Robucci is currently the oldest living person in Italy and the second-oldest in the world. She currently resides in Apricena, Apulia region.
On 20 March 2019, Maria Giuseppa Robucci celebrated her 116th birthday, becoming the third Italian person in history who reached this age.
- Gerontology Research Group
- POGGIO IMPERIALE: Compie 100 anni e il paese le fa la festa Capitanata, 19 March 2003
- Auguri Maria Giuseppa Poggio Imperiale, 20 March 2009
- Canta e passeggia in riva al mare. Nonna Peppa compie 111 anni Corriere Del Mezzogiorno, 21 March 2014
- Intervento "record" per femore rotto su anziana di 111 anni Ansa, 5 May 2014
- Corriere Corriere, 20 March 2015
- Maria Giuseppa Robucci compie 115 anni Noi Notizie, 20 March 2018
- È foggiana la nonna più anziana d'Europa: Maria Giuseppa ora punta alla vetta mondiale della longevità Foggia Today, 9 July 2018
- Un dono visibile per la nostra comunità per l’arrivo della super centenaria italiana di 115 anni La Gazzetta di San Severo, 24 October 2018