Marguerite Robertson on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||13 May 1907|
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada
|Death:||31 August 2018|
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
|Age:||111 years, 110 days|
Marguerite Ellen Lucille Robertson (née Heisler) (13 May 1907 – 31 August 2018) was a Canadian supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At the time of her death, she was one of the ten oldest known people in Canada.
Marguerite Robertson was born Marguerite Ellen Lucille Heisler in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, on 13 May 1907 to parents Capt. David Heisler and his second wife Charlotte (née Herman) Heisler. She later got a job as a secretary, and through contacts in the medical field, she met her future husband, Dr. John Robertson.
John and Marguerite later married, and had three children, John Jr., Janet, and Bonnie. In 1940, the family moved to New Westminster, British Columbia, where John joined the Rotary Club and Marguerite joined the Rotary Anns, where she made many friends. Marguerite's mother Charlotte passed away in 1941 aged 65/66. Her father David would follow five years later, in 1946, aged 94/95.
After her husband John's death in 1975 when he was 73/74, Marguerite lived alone in her Victory Heights home until the age of 106, in 2013, when she moved into a local care home. She liked to read three to four books a fortnight, as well as the morning newspaper delivered to her care home.
Marguerite Robertson died in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada, on 31 August 2018 at the age of 111 years, 110 days.
- Local woman turns 106 New Westminster Record
- Lunenburg Academy Foundation (page 4)
- New Westminster resident celebrates 110th birthday Twitter
- 'Life is still interesting,' says 110-year-old New Westminster woman New Westminster Record
- We are saddened by the news of the passing of Marguerite Robertson ('27) at the age of 111 Facebook
- Marguerite Heisler ROBERTSON (1907 - 2018) Obituary Burnabynow