Marguerite Bailly on her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||6 March 1907|
Lislet, Aisne, Hauts-de-France, France
|Death:||12 June 2019|
Epinal, Vosges, Grand Est, France
|Age:||112 years, 98 days|
Marguerite Bailly (6 March 1907 – 12 June 2019) was a French supercentenarian whose age was validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG) on 7 June 2019. She was one of the oldest known living people in France.
Marguerite Bailly was born on 6 March 1907 in Lislet, Aisne, Hauts-de-France, France. She was very ill as a child, her mother almost always worried about her health. After spending time in Paris, she joined her brother and sister, who were living in Golbey, Vosges, France.
It was whilst living in Golbey that Marguerite met her first husband, Maurice Toussaint, who owned a motorcycle garage on the Avenue de la Fontenelle. They married and had a daughter, Mauricette, in around 1931. Maurice died 20 years later, in 1951. After his death, Marguerite moved to Epinal, Vosges, and she met pharmacist Paul Bailly there. They later married, but had no children. In her centenarian years, she had a nasty fall, but made a full recovery.
On her 110th birthday in 2017, Marguerite was asked her secret to a long life. She replied with: “I led a calm and quiet life. No excess, therefore, simple joys like long walks in the park or cards with friends.” Along with her daughter Mauricette, who was 86 at the time of her mother’s 110th birthday, Marguerite has two grandchildren, Eric and Emmanuel, five great-grandchildren and six great-great-grandchildren.
Following the death of Elisabeth Frenoy on 20 April 2019, she became the oldest living person in Grand Est.
Marguerite Bailly died in Epinal, Vosges, Lorraine, Grand Est, France, on 12 June 2019, at the age of 112 years, 98 days. She was the seventh-oldest known person in France at the time of her death.
- At age 107 LES CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS
- 109 ans ! La doyenne des Vosges est née le 6 mars 1907 Vosges Télévision on Facebook, 6 March 2016
- 109 ans! La doyenne de Lorraine vient de fêter son anniversaire et se porte comme un charme Le Lorrain, 11 March 2016
- 110 roses pour la belle Marguerite, la doyenne des Vosgiens Vosges Matin, 7 March 2017
- 111th birthday confirmation LES CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS
- 112th birthday confirmation LES CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS
- 112th birthday photo LES CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS
- Marguerite Bailly, doyenne du Grand Est, vient de s’éteindre à 112 ans ViàVosges, 17 June 2019