Hollenshead on her 109th birthday.
|Birth:||22 April 1911|
Chanute, Kansas, USA
|Age:||110 years, 52 days|
Margaret Hollenshead was born Margaret Berthot on 22 April 1911 in Chanute, Kansas, United States to parents Charles and Lena (Chandler) Berthot. She had four younger siblings (two sisters, Leona and Mary Alice, and two brothers, Charles and Hugh).
As a child, she wanted to become a lawyer, but was refused. Instead, she studied music and then taught at different schools in the Chanute area for 35 years. She married Howard Hollenshead and gave birth to three children: Margaret Ann, Hugh and Lynn. The couple lived in Texas, California and Oklahoma before settling back in Kansas in 1947. Howard worked in the oil industry and joined Margaret’s family’s business, Berthot Planning Mill, after returning to Chanute. Howard died on 31 October 1988.
In November 2017, Margaret moved to the Country Place Senior Living and Memory Care. She celebrated her 110th birthday on 22 April 2021.
- 1920 U.S. Census FamilySearch
- 1925 Kansas Census FamilySearch
- 1930 U.S. Census FamilySearch
- 1940 U.S. Census FamilySearch
- Henry Howard Hollenshead Find a Grave
- Longtime music teacher celebrates 107th birthday The Chanute Tribune, 23 April 2018
- Margaret Hollenshead celebrates 109th birthday WIBW.com, 23 April 2020
- 110 year-old SEK woman celebrates birthday KOAM, 22 April 2021