Meys aged 110.
|Birth:||12 July 1909|
Saint-Julien-de-l'Herms, Isere, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France
|Age:||111 years, 336 days|
Marcel Meys was born in Saint-Julien-de-l'Herms, Isère, France on 12 July 1909. After serving in World War II, he worked as an ambulance driver before his retirement in 1967. His wife, Marthe, died in December 1998. In July 2019, he celebrated his 110th birthday. Meys currently lives in Saint-Romain-en-Gal, Rhône, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France.
Following the death of Roger Auvin, Meys became the oldest man in metropolitan France (as Jules Theobald lives in the overseas department of Martinique). He became the oldest living person in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes following the death of Marie-Louise Taterode on 3 September 2020.
On 29 May 2021 at the age of 111 years, 321 days, he may have surpassed the age of Maurice Floquet as the second-oldest French man ever and the oldest man ever from metropolitan France.
- Preuves de vie sur les personnes de 110 ans et plus
- Il a 110 ans : qui est Marcel Meys, le nouveau doyen des Français ?
- Marcel Meys, probable nouveau doyen des Français, a 110 ans
- 111th birthday LES GRANDS CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS
- 111th birthday
- Marcel Meys, habitant de Saint-Romain-en-Gal, est le nouveau doyen des Français