Martin at the age of 106
|Birth:||17 April 1914|
Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland, UK (now Republic of Ireland)
|Age:||107 years, 60 days|
Madge Martin (born 17 April 1914) is a British centenarian who is currently the oldest known living person in Northern Ireland.
Madge Martin was born in Kinsale, County Cork, Ireland (then part of the UK) on 17 April 1914. She had four children (including Peggy Boyle and John Martin).
In May 2015, she was honoured at "Lusitania Centenary Commemoration Ceremony".
As of April 2020, she had eight grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren and one great-great-granddaughter Olivia.
She became the oldest known living person in Northern Ireland on 14 December 2020 following the death of 107 year-old Gladys Anderson.
In March 2021 at the age of 106, she has undergone hip surgery at Craigavon Area Hospital after a fall at home.
Madge Martin currently lives at home with her son John Martin in Newry, Northern Ireland at the age of 107 years, 60 days.
- Madge 101 is honoured at Lusitania ceremony Southern Star, 15 May 2015
- 106th birthday DCU FSH (Twitter), 17 April 2020
- NI’s oldest woman Madge on mend and smiling after surgery on broken hip at age of 106! Armagh I, 24 March 2021
- NI's oldest woman recovering after undergoing hip surgery aged 106 Irish News, 26 March 2021
- Living people 107+ Oldest in Britain