Madeleine Thomas on her 110th birthday with her granddaughter Catherine (aged 61).
|Birth:||29 June 1910|
Marigny-le-Cahouet, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
|Age:||110 years, 123 days|
Madeleine Thomas was born on 29 June 1910 in Marigny-le-Cahouet, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France. Her father fought in the First World War, and her mother contracted Spanish Flu during the 1918-19 pandemic. Thomas worked as midwife and director of maternity services in several hospitals in both Cote-d'Or, Paris, and Auxerre, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte.
At the age of 104, Thomas moved to a nursing home in Auxerre, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France. Her vision and hearing have reportedly deteriorated, but she still has a good memory.
In 2020, at the age of 109, she contracted COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic. However, she had successfully recovered by the time of her 110th birthday on 29 June, making her one of the oldest known survivors of the disease.
- Anniversaires à la résidence des Clairions L'Yonne Républicaine, 28 June 2016
- La doyenne des pensionnaires a fêté ses 108 ans L'Yonne Républicaine, 26 June 2018
- Elle est la doyenne des résidents aux Clairions L'Yonne Républicaine, 1 July 2019
- 110th birthday LES CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS, 30 June 2020
- Guérie du Covid-19, Madeleine Thomas a fêté ses 110 ans à Auxerre L'Yonne Républicaine, 1 July 2020