Madeleine Chat on her 106th birthday.
|Birth:||10 August 1907|
Auxerre, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
|Age:||113 years, 46 days|
Early Life and Family
Madeleine Chat was born on 10 August 1907 in Auxerre, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France. She studied in Dijon and worked as a researcher in Nancy and Paris, before returning to Auxerre at the time of her retirement in 1972.
Chat never married and has no children, and has joked that "God did not give me children, but the devil gave me nephews." Longevity runs in Chat's family; her mother and brother both lived to 93, her aunt lived to 104, and her great-grandmother lived to 95.
Chat currently lives in Auxerre, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France. She bought a computer at the age of 104 and, according to her niece, continues to send emails and photos even as a supercentenarian.
On 31 August 2017, three weeks after her 110th birthday, Chat became the oldest known living person in Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, following the death of fellow 110-year-old Yvonne Bouton.
Additionally, she is the sixth oldest living person in France
- Madeleine Jeanne "Tata Madeleine" CHATImprimer son arbre Geneanet
- Madeleine Chat, doyenne de l'Yonne, va fêter ses 110 ans L’Yonne Républicaine, 7 August 2017
- La doyenne de l'Yonne va fêter ses 110 ans L’Yonne Républicaine, 9 August 2017
- L'Auxerroise Madeleine Chat n'aime pas qu'on vienne la voir parce qu'elle a 112 ans L'Yonne Républicaine, 12 August 2019
- 113th birthday LES GRANDS CENTENAIRES FRANÇAIS