|Birth:||28 February 1909|
|Death:||23 August 2019|
|Age:||110 years, 173 days|
Mabel Nesmith was born in Texas on 28 February 1909. Her parents were Mark Arlin Cowart (1880–1968) and Ida Mae Carey Cowart (1880–1941). She had at least two siblings, Lura and Myrtle Leona. She grew up mostly in Harlingen, Texas, a town in the Rio Grande Valley near the border with Mexico. She married Terry Copeland NeSmith (1906–1960) in 1927.
At the time of her 110th birthday, Nesmith had three children, six grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and seven great-great-grandchildren, she still watched every Broncos game and besides her arthritis, she had no serious medical issues. When asked about the secret of her longevity, she replied: "Live to the fullest, every day." At that time, she lived at the Colorado Assisted Living Homes in Littleton.
Her sister, Myrtle Leona SoRell (1905–2006) lived to the age of 100. Her aunt, Nona Irene Lauderdale (1896–1996) lived to the age of 100.
Nesmith died in Littleton, Colorado, United States, on 23 August 2019 at the age of 110 years, 173 days.
- Mable Elizabeth Cowart Nesmith FindAGrave
- “Live to the fullest”: Littleton woman still dancing at 110 years old The Denver Post, 2 March 2019
- In Memory of Mabel E. Nesmith Dignity Memorial, August 2019
- Myrtle Leona Cowart SoRell FindAGrave
- Nona Irene Carey Lauderdale FindAGrave