|Lourdina Conceicao Lobo|
Lourdina on her 111th birthday.
|Birth:||8 December 1908|
Socorro, Goa, India
|Age:||112 years, 44 days|
Conceicao Lobo was born in Socorro, Goa, India, on 8 December 1908 at Salvador do Mundo as the oldest of nine children. At the time, Goa was still a Portuguese colony on the South-West coast of India. She had a Catholic upbringing and can recite prayers in Konkani (the official language of Goa), as well as Latin and Portuguese. In 1944, at the age of 36, she married a man named Jose Maria Lago in Camurlim. She lived on her own until age 103, and would regularly cook, sew and welcome guests. Although she suffers from dementia, her sense of humor and her strong personality are still intact. She was diagnosed with diabetes at a young age, and she is also an amputee that had to have her toes amputated. A history of longevity runs in her family, as her mother and aunt both lived to be 98 years old.
At her 102nd birthday, she had four children and six grandchildren.
Conceicao Lobo currently lives in Camurlim, Goa, India, at the age of 112 years, 44 days. Her last surviving sister is 92 years old as of May 2020.
- 100th birthday news report
- This centurion needs to make headlines... 4 March 2011
- 110th birthday Facebook, 8 December 2018
- This day and age: A 110-year-old grandmother’s guide to growing older The Indian Express, 17 November 2019
- 111th birthday Facebook, 8th December 2019
- How to live to be 111 — Call your mom and eat ice cream whenever you want Tweakindia, 10 May 2020