|Birth:||7 June 1903|
Providence, Rhode Island, USA
|Death:||23 May 2015|
Cranston, Rhode Island, USA
|Age:||111 years, 350 days|
Louise Silva (née Costello; 7 June 1903 – 23 May 2015) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was the oldest known living person in Rhode Island at the time of death.
Louise Silva was born in Providence, Rhode Island, USA on 7 June 1903, the daughter of Italian immigrants Luigi Costello and Lucietta (née Pizzi Costello). She had piano lessons when she was 8. Members of her family had also experienced longevity: her sisters died in their 90’s and her mother died at the age of 100.
She married Manuel Silva who died in 1988. The couple had one daughter Dorothy Silva-O’Neill. She survived pneumonia in her centenarian years. She lived at Scandinavian Communities Assisted Living.
Louise Silva died in Cranston, Rhode Island, USA on 23 May 2015 at the age of 111 years, 350 days. She is survived by one daughter Dorothy F. Silva-O’Neill and one son-in-law Kevin O’Neill.
- Louise Costello Silva Find A Grave
- Manuel Silva Find A Grave
- Sweet secret to 108: Silva shares insight as second oldest Rhode Islander Johnston SunRise
- RI centenarians offer more than 7,000 years of living history Cranston Herald
- Obituary Visitation & Funeral Information