Lillian Braun at the age of 99.
|Birth:||15 August 1905|
Brotmanville, New Jersey, USA
|Death:||20 October 2015|
Rockville, Maryland, USA
|Age:||110 years, 66 days|
Lillian Braun (née Greenblatt; 15 August 1905 – 20 October 2015) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group(GRG). She was the last known survivor of the Alliance Colony.
Lillian Braun was born in Brotmanville, New Jersey, USA on 15 August 1905. Her parents were Polish immigrants Jacob Greenblatt and Golda (née Verba) Greenblatt. She had 10 siblings.
She married Ben Braun on 25 November 1925. The couple had three children: Muriel Spiegel (1927–2009), Michael "Mike" Braun (1930–1977) and Jack Braun (1936–1998). She was widowed in 1969.
She owned the Braun's Junior Clothing Shop in Vineland, New Jersey and then worked for National Freight after selling her store. When she was 90, she moved to Rockville, Maryland.
Members of her family had also experienced longevity: her sister Gussie Levinson lived to be 90, her sister Mollie Kravitz lived to be 100, her brother Joseph Greenblatt lived to be 96.
Lillian Braun died in Rockville, Maryland, USA on 20 October 2015 at the age of 110 years, 66 days. She is survived by 2 daughters-in-law, 11 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, 3 great-great-grandchildren, numerous nieces and nephews.
- Lillian Braun Find A Grave
- Lillian Braun Geni
- Gussie Levinson Obituary Newspapers.com
- M. Joseph Greenblatt Obituary Newspapers.com
- The Last of the Jewish Farmgirls The New York Times, 22 June 2005
- Muriel Spiegel Obituary Rone Funeral Service, 8 September 2009
- We Bought an Average Farm in New Jersey. Or So We Thought. The Forward, 5 August 2015
- Aunt Lil Obituary Newspapers.com, 20 October 2015
- Lillian Braun Obituary Legacy.com, 23 October 2015