|Birth:||5 February 1915|
Stóru-Hvalsá, Hrútafjörður, Iceland
|Death:||13 May 2020|
Hvassaleiti, Reykjavík, Iceland
|Age:||105 years, 98 days|
Larus Sigfusson [Icelandic: Lárus Sigfússon] (5 February 1915 – 13 May 2020) was an Icelandic centenarian who was the oldest living man in Iceland after the death of Theodor Johannesson on 3 September 2018 until his death.
Larus Sigfusson was born in Stóru-Hvalsá, Hrútafjörður, Iceland on 5 February 1915, the third of 14 siblings. His sister Anna Sigfúsdóttir (12 June 1918 – 18 January 2020) died at 101. Larus and Anna were the oldest living siblings in Iceland until Anna died.
He worked as farmer. For 31 years, he worked as a minister’s chauffeur, in addition to being a cab driver. He drove until age 100.
He married Kristín Hannesdóttir in the fall of 1939. The couple had six children (four of whom are still living in 2020).
He and his partner Kristín Gísladóttir (born 1925), have live together for two decades before his death.
On 7 July 2019, the family celebrated the birth of his great-great-great-granddaugter, Fannarsdóttir, the sixth generation of the family.
Larus Sigfusson died in Hvassaleiti, Reykjavík, Iceland on 13 May 2020 at the age of 105 years, 98 days.
- Seldi bílinn 100 ára og keypti sér skutlu Vísir, 12 February 2015
- Sjónvarp: Eldhress 101 árs hestamaður Víkurfréttir, 18 February 2016
- Elsti frímúrarinn á Íslandi Frímúrarareglan á Íslandi, 9 April 2018
- 104 ára og á von á sjötta ættlið í sumar Mbl.is, 6 February 2019
- Elstu núlifandi systkini á Íslandi 205 ára RÚV, 12 June 2019
- Congratulations, Great-Great-Great-Grandpa! Iceland Monitor, 10 July 2019
- Oldest Icelandic Male Neglected Knitting Iceland Monitor, 9 February 2020
- Lárus Sigfússon er látinn Mbl.is, 17 May 2020
|Iceland's Oldest Living Man Titleholders (V • E)|
Gudmundur Dadason • Freysteinn Jonsson • Sigsteinn Palsson • Unknown • Kristjan Jonsson • Gissur Erlingsson • Georg Olafsson • Jon Hannesson • Theodor Johannesson • Larus Sigfusson • Stefan Thorleifsson • Snaebjoern Gislason