|Birth:||15 February 1914|
Cieplowo, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland)
|Age:||107 years, 127 days|
Kazimierz Klimczak (born 15 February 1914) is a Polish soldier and centenarian. He is also the oldest living 1944 Warsaw Uprising veteran and fifth-oldest known living man in Poland, after Stanislaw Kowalski, Leon Kaleta, Marian Wojewodzki and Andrzej Baran.
Kazimierz Klimczak was born in Cieplowo, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland) on 15 February 1914.
He graduated from the NCO Infantry School for Juveniles No. 1 in Konin. From 1936, he served in the Polish Army. He graduated from the school of non-commissioned instructors and started his service in the 67th Infantry Regiment in Brodnica. In his ranks he took part in the fights of the "Pomerania" Army in the September campaign. He participated in the Battle of Bzura. He was seriously wounded near Melno, Grudziadz County and he was sent to the Ujazdowski Hospital for treatment.
As a war invalid, he made contact with the Union of Armed Struggle. During the occupationworked in the Tobacco Monopoly at ul. Kaliska 1 in Warsaw. During the Warsaw Uprising fought in the degree of sergeant at Wola in the ranks of District Ochota Army. He left Warsaw with the civilian population. He was captured, but managed to escape from the transport. In February 1945, he returned to the capital, where he was assigned to serve in an automobile regiment as the commander of a transport platoon. He served in the army until 1946.
He was a activist of the Union of War Invalids of the Republic of Poland. In 2017, he was promoted to the rank of colonel of the Polish Army.
Kazimierz Klimczak currently lives in Masovia Voivodeship, Poland, at the age of 107 years, 127 days.
- Powstańcze Biogramy Kazimierz Klimczak
- Archiwum Historii Mówionej Kazimierz Klimczak
- Uhonorowano ok. 120 uczestników powstania warszawskiego Dzieje.pl, 18 November 2014
- Wręczenie aktu mianowania na wyższy stopień wojskowy Panu Kazimierzowi Klimczakowi ZIW RP, 25 July 2017
- 10-latka podchodzi do 104-letniego powstańca. To, co od niego słyszy, chwyta za serce Metro Warszawa, 5 March 2018
- 106-letni powstaniec: "Polacy butelką wody się dzielili. A jak się skończyło, Targowica..." naTemat.pl, 31 July 2018
- "Szron" świętował 105. urodziny. To najstarszy żyjący powstaniec TVN24, 15 February 2019
- "106-letni powstaniec zaczął płakać". Oszust "mianował" pułkownika Klimczaka na generała Do Rzeczy, 8 March 2020
- Kazimierz Klimczak ps. „Szron”, najstarszy żyjący powstaniec, obchodzi dziś 107. urodziny TVP.pl, 15 February 2021