Katerina in April 2018
|Birth:||25 July 1905?|
Gryllos, West Greece, Greece
|Age:||115 years, 91 days?|
Katerina Karnarou (Greek: Κατερίνα Καρνάρου, sometimes romanized as Ekaterini Karnarou; born 25 July 1905?) is a Greek supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Katerina claims to be born in the village of Mountriza (present-day village of Gryllos), Elis, West Greece, Greece on 25 July 1905. Her parents were Panagiotis and Theodora. At the age of 25, she married Sofoklis Karnaro in Krestena. After marriage, she moved to the Krestena. She worked in the fields. Her son, Leonidas went to the Navy and became Grand Captain. She also had a daughter who died before 2018.
In April 2018, Katerina had three living daughters, Lambia, Sofoula and Theodora, 7 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandson (1 year old at that time). She had a foot surgery prior to her interview in April 2018. Katerina said that she doesn't know how old she is: "I have to be around 105, but I do not remember well". In 2019, she voted in Greek legislative election. On 25 July 2020 Karnarou celebrated her claimed 115th birthday.
Karnarou currently lives in Krestena, West Greece, Greece at the claimed age of 115 years, 91 days.
- Αικατερίνη Καρνάρου: Η 113χρονη Ελληνίδα πάει για το βιβλίο Γκίνες και μοιράζεται μυστικά μακροζωίας στο ΘΕΜΑ 104,6!
- Όμορφη γιαγιά ετών… 112 στην Κρέστενα!
- Είναι αυτή η όμορφη γιαγιά ο γηραιότερος άνθρωπος στην Ελλάδα; Η κυρία Κατερίνα, ετών… 112!
- ilialive.gr - Στα 114 της η γιαγιά Κατερίνα ψηφίζει... Youtube
- 115th birthday Facebook Post, 28 July 2020